Participants words from the Grand Canyon!

Grand Canyon Quotes


“It took my breath away, especially on the way up.” – Brantley Coggins, Kingsport, TN

“The views were amazing and it took my breath away (literally).” –Camryn Kline, Belmont, NC

“It was absolutely breathtaking and the most beautiful sight I’ve ever seen.” –Phoebe Gilmore, Matthews, NC

“Breathtaking views that were unable to be described in words. Truly shows the beauty of God’s power.” –Anna Mercer, Lumberton, NC

“Conquering the Grand Canyon hike is one of the most satisfying and (literally) breathtaking things one can do.” –Aubrey Spicola, Iron Station, NC

“I’ve never felt so underserving of something so beautifully amazing and I wish I could share it with everyone.” – Henry Current, Gastonia, NC

“I’ve never seen anything like it! I was truly amazed. Nothing I’ve ever seen has been so breathtaking.” –Madisen Snipes, Mooresville, NC

“This was one of the greatest experiences I have ever been given. I will never forget seeing this undescribable hole in the ground. A dream come true.” –Lilly Myers, Belmont, NC

“A squirrel walked up to me at the bathroom, and that was pretty dope.” – Ashleigh Stocks, Whiteville, NC

“Pictures don’t do justice.” –Casey Gore, Gastonia, NC

“The Grand Canyon was amazing because of all the awesome views and cool and fun hike. Just glad I didn’t fall in.” –Andrew Cahn, Whiteville, NC

“The Grand Canyon is incredibly massive; Pictures don’t do it justice. Every second in the canyon was absolutely blew my mind. How did a river create that?” –Joe Flanagan, Mooresville, NC

“Everyone to the right!” –Marina Hastings, Shippensburg, PA

“Pictures don’t do anything for how pretty it is.” –Rachel Holder, Greenwood, NC

“An amazing, unexplainable, unforgettable experience.” –Abbey Curtis, Gastonia, NC

“The only word that could come to my mind at the moment was woah.” –Jessie Curtis, Gastonia, NC

“It didn’t even look real.” –Emma Hooks, Whiteville, NC

“The one mile was not the fun mile.” –Olivia Peters, Myrtle Beach, NC

“The Grand Canyon took my breath away in more than one way.” –Hannah Rock, Wilmington, NC

“Most rewarding thing of my life after completing it.” –Piper Gallen, Wilmington, NC

“6 miles of walking later led me to one of the greatest accomplishments and new family members.” –Caroline Roseman, Reidsville, NC

“For me, the hike was an awesomely moving and incredibly emotional experience. I can’t wait to come back.” –Sam Shepard, Sanford, NC

“The Grand Canyon was the most memorable moment of the trip. The views were breathtaking and remarkable.” –Olivia Wagner, Denver, NC

“The Grand Canyon is really big.” –Devin Cooke, Mooresville, NC

“Look to the left, stumble, sip, repeat.” –Amelia May Tattle, Gastonia, NC

“Watch out for the squirrels .” –Chris Kurtiak, Gastonia, NC

“They may bite.” –Gage Adcock, Cranerton, NC

“Or steal your paper.” –Garrett Voochees, Gastonia, NC

“Watch out for the horses.” –Kailee McAlister, Belmont, NC

“They might poop on you.” –Logan Allen, Mount Holly, NC

“I looked at a squirrel and slipped.” –Jenna Harris, Mooresville, NC

“I can’t wait to come back with my family and not slip on a cactus.” –Mabry Sumner, Charlotte, NC

 “My group tried to sing to make the time go by faster, and it lasted 30 seconds or less until we couldn’t because we were breathing too hard.” –Lauren Humann, Rockingham, NC

“Just about fell off the cliff five times, but I was pushing it.” –Sam McConnell, Mooresville, NC

“Nothing compares to the beauty of nature in America.” –Gabriella (Ella) Maclead, Macleod Irmo, SC

“Most beautiful view of my life.” –Bryton Holland, Belmont, NC

“Three words to describe the hike: water, water, and more water.” –Sydney Hawkins, Reidsville

“That’s a crusty hole.” –Danielle Hahn, Mooresville, NC

“Easy going in hard coming out.” –Cody Allen, Mooresville, NC

“God.” –Charley Inabinet, Franklin, NC

“Absolutley speechless.” –Jack Current, Gastonia, NC

“It was beautiful, but I thought I was gonna die.” –Sydney Foster, Germantown, MD

“It was grand;)” –Ruthie Brock, Clinton, NC

“Kinda crusty, needed some lotion.” –Sierra Lawing, Cherryville, NC

“The 10 second breaks weren’t it.” –Maddie Powell, Reidsville, NC

“No pain, no pain.” –Grant Waddell, Tryon, NC

“Absolutely breathtaking, literally.” –Reagan Griffin, Monroe, NC

“That was gnarly bro.” –Hayden Armstrong, Gastonia, NC

“My brain literally couldn’t take it in.” –Gracie DiBella, Gastonia, NC

“My breathing was harder than the rocks.” –Sarah Giang, Belmont, NC

“The hike down and view was like I was in Heaven, the three miles up and heat was a stroll through Hell.” –Jake Willis, Cherryville, NC

“It literally brought tears to my eyes. The hike was the hardest but best thing I’ve ever done.” –Anna Gregory, Union, SC

“The Grand Canyon was so spectacular! It was the most miraculous thing I have ever witnessed and I will never forget this amazing day!” –Emily Dotson, Catawba, NC

“No matter where you’re looking from, the canyon will take your breath away.” –Ella Wilson, Wilmington, NC

“God is real, y’all.” –Alayna Hogston, Gastonia NC

“The Grand Canyon was absolutely breath-taking.” –Rebecca Faust, Gastonia NC

“I prefer North Carolina squirrels to Grand Canyon squirrels.” –Emma Lawing, Concord NC

“The Grand Canyon provided a great challenge and was an excellent experience with my new family of 88.” –Grace Kisting, Moorseville NC

“It was the biggest hole I’ve ever seen.” –Olivia Jones, Denver NC

“Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate before you diedrate.” –Kendal Diorio, Huntersville NC

“I had a GRAND time hiking in the canyon.” –Marc Chroback, Denver NC

“The most magnificent crack in ‘Merica.” –Cole Languell, Davidson NC

“I sipped more than I ever looked at the Canyon.” –Madison Styer, Reidsville NC

“I had to stay back and help at the people that almost passed out.” –Evan Das, Wilmington NC

“I pooped in the Grand Canyon.” –Jacob Woods, Atlanta NC

“The most beautiful hole I’ve ever seen.” –Acerah Strickland, Lumberton NC

“It’d hurt to fall from here.” –Cade Hastings, Crouse

“No mom, I didn’t fall.” –Millie Dukes, Myrtle Beach SC

“Wow, just wow,” –Ethan Griffin, Monroe NC

“Even though my knee hurt, I still did the whole 6 miles.” –Anna Riley, Charlotte NC

“That was totally wicked dawg.” –Reanna Wilmouth, Reidsville NC

“It’s soo unreal I can’t believe my eyes.” –Savannah Amick, Mooresville NC

“It was so beautiful, it was like a green sereen.” –Emma Campbell, Raleigh NC